MANJUKESI "Soft & delicate" by AUDE GOOLY
MANJUKESI « Soft & delicate » (“La douce & délicate”)
• Listed in the Nāṭya Śāstra ( a Sanskrit Hindu text on the performing arts ). The text is attributed to sage Bharata, and its first complete compilation is dated to between 200 BCE and 200 CE, but estimates vary between 500 BCE and 500 CE.
• Female spirit of the clouds and waters in Hindu and Buddhist mythology, this Apsara is beautiful, a supernatural female being. She is youthful and elegant, and superb in the art of dancing. Hindu scriptures allow for the existence of numerous Apsaras, who act as the handmaidens of Indra or as dancers at his celestial court.
• Mixed Media
• Grey & copper "marie-louise", wooden frame with old gold finish
• The picture of the framed work was taken during Exhibition, we apologize for the reflections on the glass.
• Measurements: 9 ½ inches X 14 7/8 inches ( 24,2cm X 37,8cm )
Aude GOOLY, Masters in Fine Arts from the University of Paris-Sorbonne (2006), is also graduated in “Arts Plastiques” (2002), and holder of a Diploma in Fine Arts from the Mahatma Gandhi Institute in Mauritius (2000), as well as she has studied in the « Beaux Arts de Rouen » in France (1995). She is currently living in Singapore, teaches Art in the “Lycée Français de Singapour”, have a great passion for travelling, discovering Southeast Asian Culture and have participated in many interesting projects, including theatre decors and sharing her taste and skills for drawing comic strips.
• March 2001 : Joint Art Exhibition “Les 3G à GB” with artists Firoz & Ismet Ghanty in Mauritius
• March 2002 : Solo Exhibition “Regards sur l’âme” at the Alliance Française of Mauritius
• October 2002 : Exhibition at the « Centre Culturel d’Expression Française » in Curepipe, Mauritius
• May 2003-2004 : Exhibition at the « Salon de Mai », Mauritius
• April 2006 : Exhibition at the Etienne de Causans Art Gallery in Paris, France
• 2007-2009 : Multiple Exhibitions in Tahiti, French Polynesia Islands
• February 2010 : Exhibition “Escales” at the Papeete Cultural Center, Tahiti, French Polynesia
• April-May2012 : Exhibition “Lady & the Dragon” with «Mise en Scene», Singapore
• November 2013 : Exhibition “Declaration” at «The French Book Shop», Singapore
• Sept-Oct 2014 : Exhibition “Piscines” with «Visionairs Gallery of Paris», Singapore
• December 2015 : Joint Art Exhibition “On s’invite!” with artist Nicolas Vignau-Bégué at «The French Book Shop», Singapore
• June 2016 : Solo Exhibition “The Reawakening of the Apsaras” at «Mata-Hari Antiques Gallery», Singapore