TILOTTAMA & NIRUPAMA by AUDE GOOLY
TILOTTAMA « Shiva’s third eye » (“Le troisième oeil de Shiva”) & NIRUPAMA “The unrivalled” (“L’incomparable”)
• Tilottama In the Hindu epic Mahabharata, Tilottama is described to have been created by the divine architect Vishwakarma, at Brahma's request, by taking the best quality of everything as the ingredients. She was responsible for bringing about the mutual destruction of the Asuras (demons), Sunda and Upasunda. Even gods like Shiva and Indra are described to be enamoured of Tilottama. Brahma sends Tilottama to Mount Kailash, the abode of Shiva, to pay her obeisance to him. Shiva glances at her, but avoids to carefully look at her as his consort Parvati was seated beside him. As Tilottama circumambulated Shiva, he develops a head in each direction to see her. Agitated, Parvati covers Shiva's eyes with her hands submerging the universe in darkness. Shiva then develops a third eye to bring light to the universe.
• Both female spirits of the clouds and waters in Hindu and Buddhist mythology, the Apsaras are beautiful, supernatural female beings. They are youthful and elegant, and superb in the art of dancing. Hindu scriptures allow for the existence of numerous Apsaras, who act as the handmaidens of Indra or as dancers at his celestial court.
• Mixed Media
• Brown & gold "marie-louise", wooden frame with stripped gold finish
• The picture of the framed work was taken during Exhibition; we apologize for the reflections on the glass.
• Measurements: 15 5/8 inches X 14 ¾ inches ( 39,7 cm X 37,4 cm )
Aude GOOLY, Masters in Fine Arts from the University of Paris-Sorbonne (2006), is also graduated in “Arts Plastiques” (2002), and holder of a Diploma in Fine Arts from the Mahatma Gandhi Institute in Mauritius (2000), as well as she has studied in the « Beaux Arts de Rouen » in France (1995). She is currently living in Singapore, & teaches Art in the “Lycée Français de Singapour”.
• March 2001 : Joint Art Exhibition “Les 3G à GB” with artists Firoz & Ismet Ghanty in Mauritius
• March 2002 : Solo Exhibition “Regards sur l’âme” at the Alliance Française of Mauritius
• October 2002 : Exhibition at the « Centre Culturel d’Expression Française » in Curepipe, Mauritius
• May 2003-2004 : Exhibition at the « Salon de Mai », Mauritius
• April 2006 : Exhibition at the Etienne de Causans Art Gallery in Paris, France
• 2007-2009 : Multiple Exhibitions in Tahiti, French Polynesia Islands
• February 2010 : Exhibition “Escales” at the Papeete Cultural Center, Tahiti, French Polynesia
• April-May2012 : Exhibition “Lady & the Dragon” with «Mise en Scene», Singapore
• November 2013 : Exhibition “Declaration” at «The French Book Shop», Singapore
• Sept-Oct 2014 : Exhibition “Piscines” with «Visionairs Gallery of Paris», Singapore
• December 2015 : Joint Art Exhibition “On s’invite!” with artist Nicolas Vignau-Bégué at «The French Book Shop», Singapore
• June 2016 : Solo Exhibition “The Reawakening of the Apsaras” at «Mata-Hari Antiques Gallery», Singapore